The Professional U Leadership Series (PULSe) is a professional development program designed for managers and emerging leaders on the Phoenix Biomedical Campus. The PULSe program brings formalized leadership development to our campus, providing leaders with support, tools, and techniques to help them increase their effectiveness as a leader.
The PULSe program goals are to:
- Build a culture of continuous learning and development among leaders
- Align leadership development with the strategic initiatives of the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix
- Develop leaders that embody our core values of collaboration, integrity, and servant leadership
- Define excellence in leadership through accountability, engagement, and credibility
The PULSe program is available to all campus leaders and consists of quarterly leadership development workshops. During these 4-hour workshops, participants will work in peer learning groups to increase self-awareness, identify strengths and opportunities, and apply new leadership techniques.
Who should attend?
Managers and Emerging Leaders who:
- Have direct supervisory and management responsibilities.
- Are seeking to develop character-based leadership skills that will help develop individuals and teams to be the best that they can be at what they do.
- Desire to build a productive culture that survives long after they have moved on.
- Want to increase their effectiveness by becoming stronger self-leaders.
Please visit the Professional U Course Calendar to register for upcoming PULSe sessions!
In addition to quarterly workshops, PULSe will continue to partner with Franklin Covey through July 2019. This partnership allows us to offer highly acclaimed courses like The Speed of Trust and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, as well as access to Franklin Covey online content. We do have a limited number of passes, so, if you are interested in becoming a Franklin Covey passholder, please contact Catherine Riley at .
This program plays a key role in fostering a culture of continuous learning and development. The benefits of participating in a program such as PULSe are visible in not only the skills acquired, but also in the staff's engagement in the workplace. The professional skill sets of our campus leaders are not only impactful in each individual career path, but also in the success of The College.
We look forward to a new year filled with growth and development.